Updated on 14/09/16 with the new directions :)
[Note: Heavy pictures]
If you are into K-pop, you probably have heard of Cafe J Holic before. For those of you who don’t know, the owner of Cafe J Holic is the popular singer from Korea – Kim Jaejoong (yes, that J must come from his name). And even if you don’t care a tiny bit for who he is, it still a great idea to pay this “one and only” coffee shop a little visit while you’re at Myeongdong. (You see what I did there? Well, since the cafe’s slogan is “the one and only”…)
(I wasn’t planning to put up this post at first so I didn’t take any good pictures :( Will replace all the pictures once I have change to visit Seoul again, for now just focus on how to get there first, OK? ^^)
Cafe J Holic – a newly opened coffee shop in Myeongdong.
It has a unique design with yellow as the main color for the interior. And not only the design, there are many more “unique” things about this shop, like:
+ Their signature drinks: the last time were there, my friend ordered a Dark Horse Chocolate, don’t you wonder how it taste like? (tasted good, for the record!)
+ Their washroom named Jenny for ladies’ room and Jonny for men’s.
+ They hang TV monitors on the wall and use those as clocks.
Want to visit it yet?
Cafe J Holic is on the 3rd and 4th floor. So on 3rd floor they have the counter and pick-up area with some tables in the front. Next to the counter is the merchandise shelves with some lovely chocolates, glasses, mugs, tumblers, blankets and other goods.
Heading upstairs you will see:
A smoking room (with a half-open roof, would be nice to enjoy some cold drinks there during summer)
A meeting room
A JH room (which I have no idea about the name)
and JJ room (Jaejoong wrapped one of his room from home and brought it to the shop)
How to get there?
Cafe J Holic
Address: 8 Myeongdong 6gil, Chung-gu, Seoul or 54-6 Myeongdong 2-ga, Chung-gu, Seoul – 3rd and 4th floor. Yes, both addresses are the same.
Operation hours: 11:00AM – 10:00PM
1. From Myeongdong Station (명동역) take Exit 7.
2. You will see a huge Uniqlo right on your right and a street between it and a Nature Republic, turn right onto that street. (Or immediately take the road to your left from Exit 6)
3. After walking for about 5 minutes you will see a ZARA on your right (the only ZARA in Myeongdong) and a Dunkin’ Donuts on your left, that is where you want to make a left.
4. Keep walking for a little more and turn right when you see the Mocoloco store (there are also Club Monaco and Tommy Hilfiger, so you won’t miss the turn) ~> You can see a picture here: J Holic Cafe
5. From there you would see Cafe J Holic just a few shops away, on your left.
The first floor is the MAG N MAG store, just enter and head upstairs for Cafe J Holic.
Note: It’s stated on their website that they close at 10PM, but the last time I visit they close at 8PM and last order at 7:30PM :)
Myeongdong is a big maze, maybe you will just stumble across the café while shopping there. Yes we did, right on our first day :))